Best Fiestas Costa Blanca 2024
The Costa Blanca, a stunning region in the eastern part of Spain, is known for its beautiful coastline, vibrant culture, and a plethora of lively fiestas that take place throughout the year. In 2024, you can expect an exciting lineup of fiestas in this region that celebrate its rich history, traditions, and the spirit of its people. Here are some of the best fiestas you can look forward to on the Costa Blanca in 2024:
- Las Fallas (March 15-19, 2024): Las Fallas is one of the most famous fiestas in the Costa Blanca and Valencia region. This traditional celebration is known for its elaborate and artistic “fallas,” which are large sculptures made of papier-mâché and wood that satirize current events and personalities. The festival culminates with the burning of these fallas in a spectacular display of fireworks, music, and lights.
- La Tomatina (Last Wednesday in August 2024): While not directly in the Costa Blanca, La Tomatina in Buñol, just a short drive from the coast, is a must-see event. This unique festival involves a massive tomato fight in the streets, where thousands of participants hurl tomatoes at each other. It’s a messy, yet incredibly fun experience that draws people from all over the world.
- Moors and Christians Festivals (Various Dates, typically June-July): The Moors and Christians festivals are reenactments of historical battles between the Moors and Christians that took place during the Middle Ages. These colorful and vibrant celebrations feature parades, costumes, and mock battles, showcasing the rich history and cultural diversity of the region.
- Altea’s San Lorenzo Festival (August 10-15, 2024): The San Lorenzo Festival in Altea is a traditional event celebrating the patron saint of the town. It includes processions, fireworks, music, and dancing, as well as a grand floral offering to San Lorenzo. The picturesque town of Altea, with its stunning old town and beautiful views of the Mediterranean, provides the perfect backdrop for this festival.
- Benidorm’s November Fiestas (Early November 2024): Benidorm hosts its November Fiestas, which include colorful parades, live music, and a vibrant atmosphere. This event brings a lively end to the tourist season, with various activities taking place across the city.
- Jávea’s Fogueres de Sant Joan (June 20-29, 2024): Jávea’s Fogueres de Sant Joan is a unique celebration that involves constructing massive bonfires on the beach and lighting them in honor of the summer solstice. The festivities include fireworks, processions, and traditional music and dance performances.
- Santa Pola’s Virgen de Loreto Festivities (September 7-8, 2024): The coastal town of Santa Pola hosts the Virgen de Loreto Festivities to honor its patron saint. The celebrations feature a maritime procession, concerts, and a spectacular fireworks display over the sea.
These are just a few of the best fiestas you can experience on the Costa Blanca in 2024. Each celebration offers a unique insight into the rich culture, history, and traditions of the region, making your visit to the Costa Blanca a memorable and vibrant experience.